easyJet, one of Britain’s most successful low cost carriers is introducing a new passenger loyalty system to further anchor its growing customer base. The easyJet Flight Club will be rolled out across easyJet’s European network from early 2016 and passengers will be invited to join ‘Flight Club’ when they have booked and flown 20 or more flights and/or reached a minimum spend over a 12 month period.
easyJet expects hundreds of thousands of passengers to qualify for Flight Club based on criteria which match both the airline’s most frequent flyers and its most loyal customers.
Carolyn McCall, CEO of easyJet, commented;
“I am incredibly proud that more than 50 million of our customers flying with us this year have flown with us before and chose to fly with us again. This is testament to the customer service they receive, our low fares and our unrivalled network across Europe.
“Initiatives like allocated seating have played an important role in bringing in new customers who have enjoyed the experience of flying with easyJet and booked to fly again. Our industry leading CRM programme has also harnessed our customers’ growing affinity for easyJet.
“easyJet’s Flight Club will reward our most loyal, frequent flyers – most of whom will fly with us more than 20 times a year. It isn’t like a traditional airline reward programme because our customers have told us that those schemes can be a source of frustration. This is a loyalty scheme with a difference because it gives passengers benefits they really value and can access immediately.
“It is also simpler to run which means that we can continue to keep our costs low – which will enable us to keep our fares low.”
EasyJet Flight Club embers will receive a range of benefits and features including:
• Fee free flight changes without paying admin fees
• Free name changes – up to five name changes per year
• Price promise – Members will always get the best price fares across all easyJet sites. If a passenger finds the same flight on easyjet.com at a lower price, they will receive the price difference towards their next flight.
• Previews and special offers – members will be the first to receive previews of new routes and special offers
• Dedicated contact centre team – a personal help centre to make the most of these benefits
The loyalty scheme will run alongside the easyJet Plus scheme, which launched in 2008 and allows passengers free allocated seat choice, dedicated bag drop and fast boarding.
For more information on easyJet Flight Club got to www.easyJet.com